Most homeowners don’t give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or it comes time to buy a new model. In order to get the most out of this invaluable appliance it can be useful to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps your food cold—and F&D Huntington Beach Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out what you will want to know concerning how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the right time to hire refrigerator repair Huntington Beach.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-own kitchen appliance for several years. A household refrigerator stores your food at the best temperature, to stop spoiling and stop bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from inside of the refrigerator to the exterior, using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call F&D Huntington Beach Appliance Repair:
A compressor is a combination of a motor and a pump, and it is necessary for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
The compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should call a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is found on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and is there to emit the heat absorbed from within the refrigerator out to the air.
The evaporator is attached on the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs heat held inside of it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Once the evaporator isn’t working, it is time to hire a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is directed within a capillary tube that works as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, thereby turning the gas back into liquid.
A thermostat exists to regulate the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, engaging the cooling cycle as required.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Huntington Beach for service right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to engage, and the next cooling cycle begins. The unit draws in the cool liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit guides the warm gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the rear of the unit, where it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the kitchen and returns back to a liquified form.
3. The cool refrigerant continues its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator component, making its way through the coils in the interior of the appliance and freezer section.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the heated air from the interior of the appliance, lowering the temperature until it has reached the correct set point.
5. The coolant evaporates, and will turn back to a gas, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often found in several applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting warmth from one place and transferring it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a home, creates a perfect storage space for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of several different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require repair? Time to schedule service with F&D Huntington Beach Appliance Repair.
F&D Huntington Beach Appliance Repair is able to service nearly all common models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our repairman in Huntington Beach undergo training to troubleshoot and repair cooling problems, broken ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, digital panels, smart controls and various issues. We know all about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  F&D Huntington Beach Appliance Repair